Apprenticeship Accelerator Breakfast – Columbia
May 24, 2018
7:15 am - 9:00 am
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia | 2100 Bush River Road | Columbia, SC 29210
2018 Apprenticeship Accelerator Breakfast
Registered apprenticeships are available in a number of industries including manufacturing, IT, health care, professional services, energy, construction, tourism and hospitality.
Learn how to:
- Grow your talent pipeline with Registered Apprenticeship
- Methods to attract and retain the region's brightest talent
- How to engage with the support network provided by local technical colleges, school districts and Apprenticeship Carolina
- South Carolina Apprenticeship Tax Credit
Presentation detailing the Apprenticeship development process by:
Amanda Lucas, Midlands Apprenticeship Consultant, Apprenticeship Carolina
Industry / Education Panel moderated by:
Carla Whitlock, Senior Apprenticeship Consultant, Apprenticeship Carolina
- Brooks Burnside, Training and Development Manager, Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- Jeremy Catoe, Business Solutions Director, Corporate and Continuing Education, Midlands Technical College
- Carlene Ward, Information Systems Training Director, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Melissa May-Engle, Provost, LTC University / Agape
Funding for this event has been provided by a $200,000 Accelerator grant from the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration. Funds were granted to Apprenticeship Carolina for the purpose of promoting apprenticeship opportunities across the state.