SC Manufacturing Conference and Expo: Manufacturing 4.0 Breakfast: The Rise of Technology - October 29, 2019
October 29, 2019
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Charleston Area Convention Center
Manufacturing 4.0 is a name given to the idea of “smart factories,” where machines are augmented with web connectivity and tied into a system that can visualize the entire production chain and make decisions on its own. The trend is toward automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies, which include cyber-physical systems (CPS), the Internet of Things (IoT), cloud computing and cognitive computing. “Smart factories” are also now equipped with ever-advancing robotics and 3D printing, as well as virtual reality and artificial intelligence capabilities. Manufacturing 4.0 is also referred to as the fourth industrial revolution.
The radically changing face of manufacturing has led to a fundamental shift in the way companies do business. Ever-improving technologies are prevalent on facility floors and in distribution channels. It impacts the economics of the supply chain and creates challenges with hiring qualified employees. Execs living on the cutting edge of this new world will discuss what’s on the horizon.
The MANUFACTURING 4.0 BREAKFAST will include five keynote addresses:
- We are Boeing: The 787 Dreamliner
- Speaker: Lane Ballard, Vice President of Beoing SC 787 Preflight, The Boeing Company
- Tariffs: The Impact on the Manufacturing Industry
- Speaker: Jim Newsome, President and CEO, SC Ports Authority
- Nascent Technologies: Incorporating IoT, Robotics, V/R, 3D Printing and More
- Speaker: Bob Quinn, Executive Director, SCRA
- Workforce of the Future: Finding Tech-Savvy Employees
- Speaker: Tim Hardee, President, SC Technical College System
- Aerospace 4.0: Implications in New Manufacturing Ecosystem
- Speaker: David Pritchard, Aerospace Researcher, Empire State College, NY
(not pictured - Lane Ballard, The Boeing Company)
Networking and breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. The conference will open at 8 a.m. and the keynotes below will follow. An individual ticket for this event is $35. A corporate table of eight can also be purchased.