The Columbia Chamber of Commerce honored nine local businesses and individuals, ranging from a hotel to an exterminating company, with its 2022 Impact Awards.
The awards, presented by Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A., were announced virtually via individual announcements from April to June.
“The Columbia Chamber is proud to recognize the outstanding organizations and individuals who have worked to make Columbia a better place to live, work, and play,” Carl Blackstone, Columbia Chamber president and CEO, said in a news release. “The 2022 Columbia Impact Awards showcased each winner in a new, more accessible way, allowing all to join in the celebration of these extraordinary talents.”
Awards and recipients are:
- The Cathy Novinger Trailblazer Award honors an individual who has shown exemplary industry leadership, advocates for business and positively impacts the community. The 2022 recipient is Roslyn Clark Artis, president and CEO of Benedict College.
- The Small Business of the Year Award recognizes a chamber partner who has shown great growth or achievement or has realized economic and cultural growth that benefits the business community. The 2022 recipient is Modern Exterminating.
- The Diversity & Inclusion Award celebrates a partner that strives to create a diverse work environment. The 2022 recipient is Camp Cole.
- The Golden Nail Award is given to businesses or property owners for exemplary contributions to the physical character of the greater Midlands region through cosmetic or commercial improvements. 2022 recipients are: Hood Construction, Smoked, Midas of Gervais, and Lucas Group Properties.
The chamber also introduced two new awards this year:
- The Hospitality Industry Award celebrates a partner that makes Columbia a better place to live, work and visit. The 2022 recipient is Hotel Trundle.
- The Workforce Development Award honors a partner that works to retain local talent with innovative strategies. The 2022 recipient is Midlands Technical College.
Recipient acceptance videos are available online at the chamber’s YouTube page.