Spartanburg manufacturer AFL has received the 2019 Blue Cross Blue Shield LiveLifeBlue Award for the Upstate. Recipients of the “Blue Shoe” award have implemented corporate-level policies and programs to improve the well-being of associates at their company and in their community, according to a news release.
“Our associates are our greatest asset,” Angie Myers, benefits and wellness director for AFL, said in the release. “Recognition by Blue Cross Blue Shield means that we’re on the right track, but it doesn’t stop there. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the well-being of our associates.”
Some of AFL’s wellness benefits include:
- Two on-site clinics with access to health screenings and flu shots at no cost to associates, covered spouses and dependents over age 18.
- More than 400 employees completed a wellness plan that included a biometric screening and review which helps to offset annual medical insurance cost.
- An on-site chiropractor at a reduced cost.
- Regular on-site wellness trainings including physical, mental, financial and social health topics.
- Weight Watchers at Work program that consists of weekly meetings.
- On-site and online Questis financial wellness opportunities to assist with financial planning.
- Education reimbursement for associates to help further their career by obtaining a bachelor’s or master’s degree.