Fashion Plate features trunk shows, fashion events, style showcases and retail events in the Charleston area. Submit your items using our online form.
The latest event, Saturday on Simmons: May Artisan Market, is set for 9 a.m.-1 p.m., May 8, at 307 Simmons St., Mount Pleasant. The event will take place outside the storefronts of Hermosa Jewelry and Brown Fox Coffee.
Twelve artisans and vendors are schedule to be on-hand, selling local products and merchandise. Also, two food trucks, Holey City Bagels and Tres Palmas Acai, are schedule to be on-site for the event along with musician Nick Collins. The business said the event provides an opportunity for area vendors to display artwork.
Organizers said that parking is availabe in the front and back of the market. Children and pets are welcome.
The pet-friendly event will include:
- Fido Marketplace with area vendors, including Charleston Animal Society, Beau & Ro, Chambers K9 Training, Pleasant Pet Services, Local Dog, Jeanne Taylor Photography, Meow, Bark and Board, Ivy Chiropractic Studio, Guild Mortgage, Mount Pleasant Family Martial Arts, among others.
- Pet adoptions will be available from Charleston Animal Society
- Mini-training sessions with Chambers K9Training
- Live music from Fowl Play Band
- Food and beverage from Burtons Grill, New Dog Hot Dogs, Holy City Homemade Italian Ice, Holy City Popcorn and cookie.dough.love