Advertisement
SC Biz News

Architecture

Subscribe to Our Digital Newsletters

Historic Columbia presents Preservation Awards

Architecture
  • Staff Report
Print Story
  • Share

Historic Columbia has honored local property owners, professional architects and designers with its 2018 Preservation Awards.

“The 2018 Preservation Award recipients are leading the way in ensuring that Columbia’s built history is retained and celebrated for future generations,” Historic Columbia executive director Robin Waites said in a news release. “It is the building owners, developers, architects and contractors who provide the financial, creative and sweat equity to make the advocacy pay off.”

Historic Columbia honored the following 11 recipients in the areas of Preservation Leadership, Preservation/Restoration, Adaptive Use and New Construction in a Historic Context:

  • Preservation Leadership Award: Waverly Neighborhood Association
  • Adaptive Use Award: 1402 Jim Hamilton Boulevard (Curtiss-Wright Hangar). Owned by Hangar Owner LLC (Will Brennan, Robert Lewis, Scott Linaberry and Chris Rogers). Architect: Brennan Works. Contractor: Buchanan Construction.
  • Adaptive Use Award: 2238 Sumter Street (Indah Coffee/Circa Barber Shop). Owned by Cason Development Group. Architect: Seed Architecture (John Powell). Contractor: Montgomery Construction Company.
  • Adaptive Use Award: 1621 Main Street (The Grand/Robinson Building). Owned by G. Scott Middleton. Architect: Lambert Architecture. Contractor: Mashburn Construction.
  • Adaptive Use Award: 2428 Main Street (Wilson Upholstery Building/Studio 2LR). Owned by Noma Properties (Gretchen Lambert). Architect: Studio 2LR. Contractor: Buchanan Construction.
  • Adaptive Use Award: 2025 Barnwell Street (The Parker Annex). Owned by Diversified Development, Inc. Architect: Studio 2LR (Gretchen Lambert). Contractor: Hood Construction (exterior) Buchanan Construction (interior).
  • Preservation/Restoration Award: 1622-35 Main Street (Seegers-Habenicht). Owned by CLM Properties (Martha Fowler, Robert Lewis, Katie Fowler Monoc, Jeff Prioreschi, Tom Prioreschi and Chris Rogers). Architect: Charlie Baker. Contractor: Blackstone Construction (Don Blackstone).
  • Preservation/Restoration Award: 4017 Kilbourne Road. Owned by Andrew and Katie Gainey. Architect: Jackson Miller & Associates, Robert N. Jackson. Contractor: Cosmetic Concrete (Jamie Poston).
  • Preservation/Restoration Award: 301 South Saluda Avenue. Owned by Mira and John Howard. Architect: Seed Architecture (John Powell and Laura Burns). Contractor: Palmetto Construction and Renovation (Jim Evatt).
  • New Construction in a Historic Context Award: Green Tree House at Wavering Place. Owned by Weston Adams III and Robert Adams VI. Architects: Boykin and Munnerlyn, Lisa Boykin Adams & Jody Munnerlyn. Contractor: Paul Hayes Construction.
  • New Construction in a Historic Context Award: Shandon Presbyterian. Owned by Shandon Presbyterian Church. Architect: Lambert Architecture. Contractor: Hood Construction.

  • Share
0 Comments
Write a Comment